C. W. Leadbeater – The Astral Plane
C. W. Leadbeater - The Astral Plane
Author : C. W. Leadbeater
Language : English
Ebook Format : PDF
Description : The Astral Plane: Its Scenery, Inhabitants And Phenomena is a Theosophical Classic describing what the Astral Plane is, its advantages, its dangers, what types of spirits inhabit it, what it is like, and how to get there. With the knowledge of the forces of nature which the resources of the astral plane place at the command of its inhabitants the production of what are called “spirit lights” is a very easy matter… -from The Astral Plane An engrossing document of the public fascination with the paranormal at the turn of the 20th century, this 1895 volume explains one aspect of theosophy, the metaphysical doctrine that seeks to find the unified truth buried in all of humanity’s religions. On this guided tour of one of the “various planes of the universe,” you’ll meet black magicians, vampires, werewolves, elemental essences, fairies, and angels. You’ll encounter phenomena including churchyard ghosts, mysterious bell ringing, clairvoyance, second sight, spirit photographs, slate writing, and levitation. And you’ll learn why darkness is absolutely required at a seance. Don’t leave this plane of existence without it. CHARLES WEBSTER LEADBEATER (1847-1934) was one of the foremost writings on theosophical topics of the early 20th century. He is also the author of The Aura: An Enquiry into the Nature and Functions of the Luminous Mist Seen about Human and Other Bodies (1895) and Dreams: What They Are and How They Are Caused (1896).
Table Of Content :
- Scenery.—The Seven Subdivisions—Degrees of Materiality—Characteristics of Astral Vision—The Aura—The Etheric Double—Power of Magnifying Minute Objects—The “Summerland”—Records of the Astral Light
- I. Human.
- (1) Living:—The Adept or his Pupil—The Psychically Developed Person—The Ordinary Person—The Black Magician
- (2) Dead:—The Nirmanakaya—The Pupil awaiting Reincarnation—The Ordinary person after Death—The Shade—The Shell—The Vitalized Shell—The Suicide—The Victim of Sudden Death—The Vampire—The Werewolf—The Black Magician after Death
- II. Non-human:—The Elemental Essence—The Astral Bodies of Animals—Various Classes of Nature-Spirits, commonly called Fairies—Kamadevas—Rupadevas—Arupadevas—The Devarajas
- III. Artificial:—Elementals formed Unconsciously—Guardian Angels—Elementals formed Consciously—Human Artificials—The True Origin of Spiritualism Phenomena.—Churchyard Ghosts—Apparitions of the Dying—Haunted Localities—Family Ghosts—Bell-ringing, Stone-throwing, etc.—Fairies—Communicating Entities—Astral Resources—Clairvoyance—Prevision—Second-Sight—Astral Force—Etheric Currents—Etheric Pressure—Latent
Energy—Sympathetic Vibration—Mantras—Disintegration—Materialization—Why Darkness is Required at a Seance—Spirit Photographs—Reduplication—Precipitation of Lettersand Pictures—Slate-writing—Levitation—Spirit Lights—Handling Fire—Transmutation—Repercussion
- I. Human.