This book review of Blink by Malcolm Gladwell shares 10 ideas in 10 minutes. https://youtu.be/bjXA2EcqulU
This book, Blink: the power of thinking without thinking by author Malcolm Gladwell is about those first two seconds, the decision that you intuitively make in a blink of an eye. Which is referred to as intuitive repulsion and how sometimes decisions made quickly can be just as good as decisions made cautiously and deliberately This two second decision is not magically gifted to some, but a skill you can develop.
Brain uses two strategies to make sense of a situation
1st is the conscious strategy: think about what you’ve learned and come up with an answer, it’s logical and definitive
2nd operates below the surface of consciousness. Example, sweat glands in the palms of your hands activated. Brain reaches conclusions without telling you it has reached a conclusion.
Here is the link to Blink by Malcolm Gladwell: The power of thinking without thinking: http://amzn.to/2wAXubZ
Here is a list of the 10 ideas discussed in this book review of blink by Malcolm Gladwell.
1. Brain reaches conclusions without telling you
2. Thin slicing (big part of the book, and in this book review of Blink, I discuss two examples, but there were more)
3. What we say we want and what we actually want don’t match (example was speed dating questionnaires. Filling them out before the speed date, after, one month after and six months after)
4. We have a story problem (out of the 10 ideas from this book review of blink, this section of the video will provide you with an activity to do)
5. The Warren Harding Error
6. Less is more
7. We judge a book by its cover
8. Not liking vs. Unusual
9. Your face is more than just a signal of what’s going on in your mind.
10. Optimal state of arousal.
Subcribe today to learn, laugh, and love!
Here’s the link to a free audio version of my best selling book “Awesome in Hours”
If you liked this video and want more videos like it I make videos each week and will be taking video suggestions from you.
Subscribe today by hitting the link below…
If you enjoyed this video..here is the link to share with your friends!
Book Review of Blink by Malcolm Gladwell