On my quest to find good data science books, I came across Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, &TensorFlow. The book has been recommended all over the internet and even from a few friends who are data scientists.
As an overall rating I give it 4.5 stars out of 5.
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, & TensorFlow (affiliate link)
DO NOT BUY THE FIRST EDITION! It is shorter, lacks color graphics, does not cover the newer TensorFlow 2, and on Amazon it is more expensive (as of right now).
Who is the book for?
1) the book is great for beginners
2) those who have a strong statistics and math background
3) and experienced data scientists who want a reference book
Who is the book NOT for?
1) those who are experienced in data science looking to advance their knowledge and understanding
2) those looking for a mathematically rigorous textbook
This book has a great sweet spot of programming and general understanding. I compare it to two other books so you can get an idea of what the book is good at and what you might want a different book for. Below are the other books reviewed.
1) Deep Learning with Python (affiliate link)
2) Pattern Recognition and Machine Learning (affiliate link)
SUPPORT THE CHANNEL:
Quant t-shirts, mugs, and hoodies:
Connect with me:
Tweets by DimitriBianco
☕ Show Your SUPPORT and Buy Me a COFFEE ☕